Wednesday, April 18, 2012

looking for trendy restaurants

Bonjour,





My husband and I will be visiting Chicago for 3 days-2 nights in May. As we LOVE food, we are looking at restaurants with great ambiance and of course, great food. We were thinking about Blackbird and Publican. I%26#39;d love to hear your comments about those restaurants, and recommendations about others.





Merci beaucoup!



looking for trendy restaurants


Check the hot list here - chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/鈥otlist





You can read reviews and do dining searches here - www.chicagoreader.com



looking for trendy restaurants


Merci!




A few personal favorites: Mercat a la Planxa, Landmark Grill, Boka, MK, Northpond. Alternative to Blackbird is Trattoria Riccardo, really good food and you can hear conversation, very in place right now. Chicago has the BEST Mexican restaurants this side of Mexico, think about Salpicon, Obama%26#39;s favorite Topolobampo, or a more local but very active Adobo Grill in Old Town. These are NOT your typical enchilada places. Table 52.



ZB




Topolobambo is great...you can make reservations for Topo at www.opentable.com you may want to to make reservations several days before you leave for your trip. Frontera Grill is the more well known Bayless restaurant, if you go in early and wait you have a good chance of getting a table.





I actually have not heard great things about Publican from my foodie friends. I have NOT been personally, but everyone I know was severely disappointed.





If you want trendy and don%26#39;t mind spendy, I would say that the Trendiest restaurant in Chicago would be Alinea. Look into it! Otom, Spring, Sepia, Province are some of the new-ish trendy restaurants in Chicago. If you like Sushi, I can recommend some good Sushi spots as well.





Also, I prefer searching around www.yelp.com for honest, candid reviews from diners! And again www.opentable.com can be a very useful tool for making reservations! Enjoy your trip!




Try Veerasway for some fusion Indian food. You could also do Spiaggia, the country%26#39;s only 4 star Italian restaurant supposedly!




I ate at Publican and really was not at all wild about the place. Am still trying to figure out why it has gotten such great press. I do LOVE Blackbird, which will remind you of a hip Montreal restaurant, I think. Other personal favorites are Sepia, Tocco, Mercat, Eve, avec and Branch 27.




Hi everyone,





Thanks for all these good tips about restaurants!





Let me know if you needs similar advises on Montr茅al food-scene!




Another question- at what time should we make the reservation? At what time is there great ambiance in the restaurants?





Merci :-)




I would aim for 8 p.m., if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment