Friday, March 30, 2012

Downtown Hotels

I will be attending a conference at McCormick Place Nov 1-4. I have to pay out of pocket for my hotel. The 3 conference prefered hotels are $250+ a night. I%26#39;m looking for a more reasonable hotel (if there is such a thing) within walking distance of a prefered hotel so I can catch a shuttle to McCormick place.





The prefered hotels are:





Chicago Marriott Downtown magnificent Mile





Intercontinental Chicago





Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown





Downtown Hotels


The three preferred hotels are close to each other. You can try - Courtyard (2), Springhill Suites, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn River North, Embassy Suites (State St), Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn.



Downtown Hotels


Thanks Dave. I checked all of them out and the Hilton Garden Inn seems to be the least expensive but still well over $200. I guess the economy hasn%26#39;t affected hotel prices in Chicago. I might have to miss this years conference.




Just do a hotwire or priceline and pick that neighborhood (river north, Michigan Ave), and you should get a hotel near your preferred hotel.




A Hotwire search for your dates shows a 4* hotel in the North Michigan Avenue area for $124/nt.





This is a match for the Avenue Hotel. It%26#39;s a very good hotel that is also only 2 blocks north of your preferred hotels.





consult www.betterbidding.com for help in identifying hotwire and priceline hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment