Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thank Goodness I leave this week-Residence Inn or Fairmont

First off to all the great TAer%26#39;s I apologize for asking so many questions. Last week I couldn%26#39;t decide between two hotels and finally decided to stick with the Residence Inn downtown at Walton Place which I got for $99 per night plus $45 per for parking. Breakfast included.



Just now was checking out Travelzoo and found a great deal for the Fairmont on Columbus Ave. Their basic room for $139/night. Buy two nights, get third free. Parking discount of $25 per day. You also get a $50 spa credit and $100 restaurant credit plus kids under 12 eat free.



As mentioned on my other posts we are staying 3 nights. Two daughters and mother in law. Hitting science museum, Field Museum, Adler. Girls want Chicago pizza and Ed Debevics for dinners. Maybe Chinatown for Dim Sum. Have to do American Girl store but otherwise only shopping I want is down on State St.



Based on that where do we want to stay ? Fairmont%26#39;s are obviously higher rated in general than Residence Inn. I have just never stayed so far south so not sure what to expect.



Comments please ? (and sorry -this is my last question on accomodations - I promise.:-) ).



Thank Goodness I leave this week-Residence Inn or Fairmont


Easy. Fairmont. Your room averages out to $93/night. My only tip would be to skip their parking and park in the garage at Millennium Park.





It%26#39;s not as far ';south'; as you might imagine. Also more convenient to get to museums. As noted before, it%26#39;s an easy bus ride up north on Michigan to AGP.



Thank Goodness I leave this week-Residence Inn or Fairmont


Take the Fairmont (now!) and park at the Millenium Garage (which is only a block away). Fairmont is closer to everything list, with the exeception of Ed Debevic%26#39;s and American Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment