Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kids ease of viewing - Hancock vs Sears Tower

I know the debate of Sears Tower versus Hancock Observatory has been addressed a bunch of times in this forum, but no one has mentioned the ease of viewing for kids. I recall seeing something about the Sears Tower having windows for viewing at kids level - a bonus when travelling with three kids who will all want to be lifted up. Can anyone tell me if the Hancock Observatory has walls low enough for kids to peer over, or will I be lifting them constantly? What about little steps to stand on? My kids are 2, 4, and 6; I hate it when the little ones can%26#39;t see anything!



Kids ease of viewing - Hancock vs Sears Tower


The Sears Tower is easy viewing for kids. The Hancock..I%26#39;m not sure.



Kids ease of viewing - Hancock vs Sears Tower


Judging by the drawing of the remodeled deck, I don%26#39;t think you need to lift the kids - hancock-observatory.com/en/…highlights.html




Thanks! If anyone has first hand personal experience though, please feel free to comment!




Hancock has a closer view of Michigan Ave and a great view of Sears Tower. We visited on a day when you could see clouds going between the two, but had a clear view of Lake Michigan.





The windows are low enough for kids. I%26#39;ve been to the Sears Tower a few times, and only once to the Hancock, and I liked Hancock%26#39;s better. I recall it having a few more things for kids to interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment