Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Changed my mind!

So I had wrote on this board early this week saying I was thinking of staying at the conrad but there prices went up and I decided to stay at the intercontinental. Was that a bad choice? Will I regret it? Or is the intercontinental good? Also was wondering if we should park our car somewhere and take a taxi to most places? Since we would have to pay for parking at each stop.



Changed my mind!


BritandMike-





The Intercontinental is not a bad choice at all. It is probably more centrally located than the conrad, as it is on Michigan Ave. I%26#39;m assuming that you are driving from Ohio to Chicago. I would park your car at the hotel, you might have in and out privleges. But, frankly it%26#39;s not worth it to drive downtown....parking is scarce and it%26#39;s a pain in the butt if you dont know where you are going. SInce you are going to be on Mich Ave, you would be able to walk to most anything. If you provide specifics I would be able to give you more details. Enjoy your stay!





ChicagoGirl147



Changed my mind!


The two hotels are directly across the street from each other. If you must drive, consider which is more important, convenience or saving money, as hotel parking is very expensive (based on the of the recent reviews, some people did not know how expensive parking in Chicago is (shame for not reading TA or calling the hotel)



The parking gurus can give you options, even parkiong out in the burbs abd taking the train in, as once you are here, you will not need a car, and most likley not many taxis and most is walkable or use our excellent transporation system.




If you want to use the pool, you will love the Intercontinental. Google it to see what I mean.




Nearby ';reasonable'; parking - www.millenniumgarages.com/Source/Home.aspx




BritandMike-





I agree with Dave that parking at the Millenium Garages is your best option. As parking at the hotel is VERY expensive. But parking in the suburbs and taking the train downtown, maybe more hastle than worth than the money you would save.





Chicagogirl147

No comments:

Post a Comment