Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Dolphins at Brookfield?

Hi, I was looking to take my 6 yr old and 1 yr old to the zoo in the next couple weeks on a nice day. I was on their website and it said No Dolphin shows are going on and it looks like as of Sept 2009, they are taking them out completely. Does anyone know what is going on with them?

Thanks!

No Dolphins at Brookfield?

The zoo%26#39;s member site says the dolphin show will be closed for maintenance between Labor Day 2009 and Memorial Day 2010.

No Dolphins at Brookfield?

I was always under the impression that the dolphin show only ran between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I used to maintain a membership at Brookfield Zoo, but stopped since the place began to resemble an outdoor shopping center while the animal exhibit areas seemed to be neglected. While I am sure your kids will enjoy a day at the zoo regardless, keep in mind that it isn%26#39;t going to be like when you were a kid yourself.


Maybe go to the shed aquarium instead.


FYI - The Shedd Aquarium does their Dolphin show in the Oceanarium, which is currently closed for renovation and will re-open according to their website on May 22.


Two things are happening with the dolphin show at Brookfield (as I found this out when I did an overnight last weekend with my kids through our YMCA group).

- Right now, the dolphin show is temporarily closed because one of the dolphins is sick.

- Renovations will be going on to the dolphin after Sept. 2009, but they didn%26#39;t say when they would be back open.


Thanks everyone! I did hear that one died unexpected last year and it was from a viral disease that %26#39;could%26#39; have been contagious. But i had heard none of the others got sick.. but maybe one did. So sad!

I know the Shedd runs the dolphins only during a certain time of the year too. My 6 yr old just wanted to go for the Dolphins, ha. So maybe she can see them next year :)

Thanks!

  • miniature huskies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment