Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Work trip with family along --Hotel advice for Blue line

Hello. My coworkers and I are headed to the city in June for a training trip. Our training venue is in Rosemont but with the families coming along, we%26#39;re thinking about getting a hotel downtown so that the families will be in the city if they chose to go out.





My question is, are there any nice hotels (under 209.00 a night) that are close to Clark and Lake? Or near any Blue line stop in that part of the city. We%26#39;re trying to keep the commute time down. And we don%26#39;t really want to stay in Rosemont and take the train into the city at night for dinner. I%26#39;m pushing strongly for a longer commute time so that we can enjoy the city.





I used to live in Chicago but I can%26#39;t remember the hotels in that part of town. I know there is a Holiday Inn across from the Merch Mart. The hotel does need to have a pool for the kiddies.





Any suggestions are appreciated.



Work trip with family along --Hotel advice for Blue line


The Residence Inn on Dearborn would be a good option. It%26#39;s within walking distance to Clark/Lake on the blue line. marriott.com/hotels/鈥?/a>



Work trip with family along --Hotel advice for Blue line


Thanks for the suggestion. It definitely fits the requirement, if we can just get it to the price we%26#39;re allowed to spend.





How long would it take to get from the Clark/Lake station to the Cumberland stop? My memory says about 40 minutes but I%26#39;ve not ridden it since last year.





Thanks again!




Your memory is correct.




The Residence Inn on Dearborn shares a building with a Spring Hill Suites, be sure to check both properties.





There%26#39;s also a Homewood Suites at 40 E Grand. It would be a couple blocks farther from Clark/Lake, but also worth looking into.





In addition, there%26#39;s a Jewel Supermarket at State %26amp; Ohio, within 1-2 blocks north of both hotels. You%26#39;d be able to stock up on snacks for the little ones and store them in your room.




Thanks for the good advice. We%26#39;re now running into booked hotels everywhere we look, pool and price points aside. I need to find a convention map and see what%26#39;s going on at that time. I%26#39;d hate to be forced to go to Austin, which is our alternate training site option.





I%26#39;m always amazed at the lack of hotels in certain parts of the city. I appreciate your time and efforts. The Jewel information is good to know. I%26#39;m sure the kids are going to be happy!




Convention calendar - choosechicago.com/events/Pages/calendar.aspx




There we go....two massive conventions of 40,000 and 50,000 during the same week. We%26#39;ve found out that the alternate hotel in Rosemont is also booked.





Thanks for the info. It should be interesting to see what happens. I appreciate all the great information!

No comments:

Post a Comment