Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Public Transport to Ambassador East hotel

Just wondered what is the best way to get to The Ambassador East Hotel at 1301 N State Parkway from O%26#39;hare airport.





On previous trips I%26#39;ve always used the subway. If I use this I would travel on the Blue line to Jackson then transfer to the Red line to Clark/Division.





However I%26#39;ve looked at the alternative of taking the Blue line to Division then transfer to a No70 bus and head east to my destination.





Which of these two methods do you think is best.





And one final question, Is it ok to take luggage on buses.



Public Transport to Ambassador East hotel


Sorry should have added I%26#39;ll be arriving in Chicago around 2pm on a Sunday.



Public Transport to Ambassador East hotel


Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Being that you are arriving on a Sunday afternoon, then taking the bus shouldn%26#39;t be too much of a problem with luggage. It would really only be a concern during rush hour when the bus is likely to be fully loaded with people. Keep in mind that there are no elevators/escalators at either Division on the Blue Line or at Clark/Division on the Red Line.




Also, many busses do not run frequently on sunday%26#39;s so you may want to stick with your blue line/red line plan. I also would recommmend taking the blue line to Division and just cabbing the rest of the way to your hotel. There is a cab stand at Division. It will probably be about $7 to get to Ambassador East from the Division blue line stop.




I live near the Ambassador East and do the blue line to Division and # 70 bus quite often. It works fine, however, as an earlier post mentioned, there is no elevator so 25-plus stairs to climb may be a pain if you have luggage to carry. Also, this el stop is at one of those 6 way intersections so it can be a bit disorienting/confusing (at least for me!).





If you have a big or heavy suitcase, I%26#39;d ride the blue line to Clark/Lake and take a taxi from there to the hotel ($10 maximum), but that%26#39;s just me.




Thanks everyone,



I like the Blue Line to Division then taxi, may take that option.



I like to use public transport when in Chicago, usually get a 7 day pass at the airport find them good value.


  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment