Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Duty free in Midway Airport?

Hi all,



I am taking Porter Airlines from MDW to Toronto next week and I%26#39;m wondering if the customs/immigration is in Midway (just to see how much time I should arrive early) or in Toronto after you land.





Also, is there a duty free shop in Midway to get alcohol tax-free? I searched the web but the few articles I found are a bit outdated and I know Porter only recently started service late last year so maybe things have changed.





Thanks!



Duty free in Midway Airport?


I%26#39;ve never seen a duty free shop at Midway nor could I find any info suggesting that they do. So few international flights go out of Midway that I suspect they don%26#39;t have them.





I recently flew to Jamaica from Chicago Midway (via Detroit and Orlando) and did not go through customs or immigration at any of those three airports. When you are leaving the US (at least as a US citizen) you do not go through customs and immigration on the way out, just on the way in. So just allot time for security, I found on the last trip that getting into the expert line actually probably made it longer since so many people think they are experts :-)



Duty free in Midway Airport?


You should have to clear customs at Midway. I don%26#39;t believe that Porter has a Pre-Clearance customs at Toronto City airport like they do at Pearson yet. I could be wrong. There is a US customs at Midway to serve Porter and the occasional Carribean/Mexican charter.





I haven%26#39;t heard if they added a Duty-Free for Porter, but last I heard there was not one.

5 comments:

  1. Midway airport is one of the busiest airports in Illinois. Passengers will arrive to or depart the airport from downtown Chicago. whereas there area unit several public transportation and alternative choices to and from the airport. so as to raised assist you together with your parking desires, Cheap MDW Airport Parking offer the simplest parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to know that when you are leaving the US you do not go through customs and immigration on the way out, just on the way in. most of the people get exhausted due to immigration and custom hassles. Hope they have secure procedures like london gatwick airport parking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your car parked with meet and greet parking Gatwick and enjoy the quality services at quite cheap tariff. The fun of traveling doubles if it is easy on the pocket too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gatwick parking south terminal is a secure, reliable and efficient services to get your car safely parked with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! airline

    ReplyDelete